Is ‘Fit’ Really Important?

School’s cultural fit is very important for every MBA student. Think about getting stuck with students you don’t fit in well with. You are a competitive person and all your colleagues don’t care about competition at all. You like to go out but everyone thinks that they should study on a weeknight. Smaller differences like this can really break your MBA experience. Your colleagues are your future network, and if you don’t get along well with them, it won’t be of much help. Now think of the exactly opposite situation where you get along with everyone and share similar interests. You get the point?

2 comments:

sharemyhead said...

Hi,

Really helpful blog...
I must say that i have a lot more clarity after reading all of your posts.
A little about me, i have been working in the tech industry for about 4 years and i want to move into a business oriented role in a technology company post MBA.
I have shortlisted some schools based on my goals which are UTAustin, CMU Tepper and ISB.
I wanted to know some other schools in the US which have a high %age of tech placements.
Thanks for the help and keep up the good work.

Ciao

Anshul said...

Hi A.M.,

Thanks for your question. I am going through what you plan to go through - getting into business roles in tech companies. You have selected good schools (UTA, and CMU). However, I would suggest looking at schools on the west coast. Silicon Valley is where you need to be, even if that means going to a lower ranked school. YES THATS RIGHT!! I know it sounds bizarre but location is more important than ranking... unless you are going to H/S/W.

If I were you I would apply to more schools on WC. Hope this helps.

Post a Comment