About Me and True Confessions of an MBA

When I was applying to business schools, I always wondered what life would be during an MBA. I always wondered whether what the schools and current students say is true? Cuz no current student would talk bad about the school, no admission person would talk about the bad things either. So where can I find the truth? Unless you have a close friend finding the truth is almost impossible. The worst part about this is that, if I had known a few things before starting an MBA, plan of action would have been very different.

Now that I have completed my first year, things are not very different. I keep wondering about life after the MBA. Are all the things faculty and alumni say true? No faculty will really say that life after MBA sucks, and no alum will say that working at XYZ company is bad. If I can know what the reality is, I can plan for things accordingly. Sadly, there is no way to find the truth.

So what is the solution to this problem? I think this blog might be the answer for future MBAs. I will write this blog and talk about the real MBA experience - good and bad. I will cover things that I wish I had known, and things from my everyday life here in the US so future MBAs and read and make informed decisions. I will also write this blog after graduating to current MBAs can read and see what life is like post MBA.

I am currently a first year (well a 2nd year now) student at UNC's Kenan Flagler Business School.

Hope you guys enjoy reading my blog.

Anshul

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, am in the same boat!

True Confessions of an MBA said...

A comment within a few minutes of the first post, that almost never happens. Are you an MBA aspirant or a current MBA student?

Anonymous said...

i have 4 years of credit analyst experience at a large bank. i left my job and have been associated with a not for profit for 2 years, helping make documentaries and helping in their research, publication and campaign material for the past 2 years. i have a 650 gmat,M.com
want to go into non profit consulting/microfinance. will my profile come across as very negative to the adcom? what are the good schools for nonprofit recruitment? i know Yale is, but it is way out of my reach:(

Priyanshi

Anshul said...

Hey Priyanshi,

Sorry for the late reply... I think you have a great profile... You GMAT needs to be better though. Take it again and try to get 700. I know its easier for me to say so but its worth a shot from your side because getting to 700 will open so many more doors.

You will have to make a story of why non profits... and I can help you with that. Give me your email address and let's take it from there.

Anshul

Post a Comment