MBA in a good economy...

Most of my posts talk about my MBA experience.. and many have asked if my experience really applies to prospective students as I graduated in a recession and you will graduate when the economy is good.

So a simple answer is YES... my experience and problems are relevant to prospective students. You might not have to struggle as much for a job but you'll still need to work hard to get your dream job. For example, today some people are upset that the career centers didn't do enough to get jobs, tomorrow you might be mad at them for not getting enough options. Today people are struggling to find A job, tomorrow you will be struggling to find THE job. Get my point?

The hiring process will be the same, the admission process will be the same, competition will still be there, so will the H1B issues.

And I know my experience has been a bit different, so talk to other students as well to get a different perspective.

I'll post later about the status of my job search, what has been working for me and what hasn't. Alright I'll leave it at that, am not very happy with this post, I don't think I really answered the Q. If you think so too just ask me what's on your mind and I'll answer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to hear your job hunting experiences.

Anonymous said...

Hey Anshul,
Just came across your blog and found it pretty useful. I myself am pursuing my MBA in Canada and am currently in the 2nd year. I would be done with it in about 3 months and have already started looking for jobs (in Capital Market Sector). I just read your post on things you wished you knew before your job search, where you also mentioned that you changed. Can you elaborate a bit on what you really did to change your resume format, or how you made it aesthetic?

-Mahesh

Post a Comment