Confidence Is The Most Important Criterion For B-School Admission

Recently, I read a very good article on business week. It said that schools are looking for confidence in students, and that is the most important thing they look at. Think about it, it makes sense too. With the economy still in shambles, schools want students who can get jobs and it is students with confidence who have a better shot at getting jobs.

This was also confirmed when I spoke to an admissions director of a school. He said that confidence is what they really look for in students. The next thing is enthusiasm. I wish I knew that when I was applying. I knew that confidence in interviews is always important, but I did not know how big a role it played in my application process.

So, all you MBA aspirants should keep this in mind when they are preparing for their interviews. In fact, one of our professors at UNC who teaches a US Language and Culture class to internationals said that in the US, Confidence is better than correct. I have spend about 5-6 years in the US now, and I will say that I totally agree with it.

Think about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment